Monday 29 October 2012

Fillet of beef with mushrooms



This plate reminds me the countryside flavor, with mushrooms, potatoes, meat. For me is very basic and delicious combination. The ingredients are easy to find and this recipe is fast to make but the success is to carefully follow all the steps.


Sometimes I am looking for some different and exotic recipes, but after all I can find really amazing and delicious flavors and textures in simple and not too complicated meals, like in this case this beef with mushrooms. I found this recipe in my favorite cook book.


We need approximately 70 minutes to prepare this delicious meal. This recipe is for 4 persons.
This time we need:

  • 6 tsp olive oil
  • 500 gr beef sirloin
  • salt and pepper
  • 300 gr mix mushrooms (white mushroom and shitake in this case)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 2 tsp parsley
  • 125 ml dry white wine
  • 6 potatoes

First tie the beef sirloin with a cooking rope to hold its shape.


Fry the meat in olive oil for 10 minutes at high heat and garnish with salt and pepper. The meat has to be gold and brown and reddish inside. If you don't like rare meat, put it in the oven for at least 15 minutes at 175°). Set aside.


 Chop the mushroomsparsley and garlic finely.


Fry in a pan with olive oil all mushrooms, parsley and garlic for 8-10 minutes until soft. Garnish with salt and pepper and set aside.


Cut the potatoes in slices and fry until they turn nice golden color.


Remove the rope and cut the meat into thin slices.


To serve place the potatoes in the bottom and then the meat slices.  Top the meat with the mushrooms and finally add some chopped parsley.

This recipe is really good and it is not difficult to prepare. The presentation of the dish is very attractive and you can prepare it for some special occasion.
For me this meal matches with beer or strong flavored red wine (Carbernet Saubignon).

I haven't written for a long time on my blog, but I am trying now to keep it updated with more new recipes and I hope you enjoy it.


Thank you for you attention and see you in my next post :)












1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,
    how can i achieve your same results in cooking the meat? Did you put it in the oven after frying it? And isnt 10 minutes of frying too much..i am afraid the meat will cook too much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete