Sunday 25 September 2011

Mushroom salad with lemon dressing



This is one of my favorite salads. I found this recipe in an italian cooking book and I like it a lot. I have found really nice recipes in this book.

The mushroom salad is fresh and the combination between the lemon souse and the raw mushroom is absolutely fantastic plus parmesan cheese and the walnuts, all this ingredients make a delicious experience and you can taste each flavor united by lemon sauce. 


Some people do not  like raw mushroom but in this case it is cooked with the acid of the lemon.


The time to prepare this salad is around 30 minutes and this is for 3 or 4 persons.
For this good salad you need:
  •  2 or 3 mushroom or if you can find Ovoli mushroom it would be much better
  • 250 gr rucola 
  • 100 gr parmesan cheese 
  • 100 gr walnuts
  • 1 lemon 
  • 6 tbsp olive oil  (table spoon)
  • white pepper 
  • salt 


First cut the mushrooms into thin slices. It is very important to have the slices as thin as possible, so when the mushroom mixes with the souse then it will be "cooked" better with the lemon.


Now grate the Parmesan cheese. I use the potato peeler because for me it is easy and I can have longer pieces of cheese. It is up to you how you like the cheese.


Prepare the sauce. Squeeze the lemon in a container, then add in the olive oil, white pepper and salt and mix well. Taste the mixture to check that you have good balance between saltiness and acidity.


Now is time to set the salad on the plate. Place first the rucola and then the mushroom on top. I placed the walnuts with the parmesan cheese on top, but is better if you change the order (first parmesan cheese and then walnuts) so you get a better presentation.


Just a few minutes before you eat it, add the dressing on top.
You can enjoy this salad with a nice white wine (specially an aromatic Gewürztraminer), if you like.


I hope you like this salad and enjoy it. Let me know your impressions and if you would have any special advice.

Thank you and see you soon in my next post :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this salad!!! and i think is really good idea to advise in wine too! ;) WEll done Chris!!

    ReplyDelete