Wednesday 19 October 2011

Spicy Rucola salad



This week I had a craving to eat a fresh and spicy salad. I found this recipe in my favorite cooking book. The combination of rucola, kiwi, chile, corn and garlic is really special and these, when mixed, give you a delicious sweet and spicy experience.



Usually this salad is for summer season, but I eat it anytime because it is one of my favorites and, the most important thing, it is easy and fast to prepare.
This time I prepared this salad with red chile, because I wanted it a bit more spicy. It is better if you can use green chile as it is a bit softer and the result is better.


In order to prepare this salad, you will need around 20 to 25 minutes. This salad is for 2 to 4 persons.
For this salad you will need:

  • 250 gr rucola
  • 200 gr corn
  • 2 to 4 kiwi
  • 3 garlic cloves chopped (or crushed) 
  • 1 green chile or if you like more spice, a red one
  • 4 tbsp white wine vinegar 
  • 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper


Cut the chile in thin slices.


Peel the kiwi and cut it in thin slices like in the picture.


In a container add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.


Now it is time to begin to assemble the salad. Put first the rucola, kiwi, chile.


At last put the corn on top, and spread the chopped garlic around the kiwi slices like in the picture. Before serving add the dressing.

Now we have ready our delicious spicy rucola salad. I would recommend not to serve a spicy dish after it (chicken or fish would be best).
Dry white wine or aromatic wine (Muscadet or Riesling) pairs very well with this salad.

I hope you like it and enjoy it.

Thanks! See you in my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment