Tuesday 17 September 2013

Risotto with shrimps and chanterelle

These days I had the craving for risotto. I will share with you this recipe, it is one of my favorites.


Long time ago I was in a Italian restaurant and I enjoyed a lot this dish and after all I decided one day to try to prepare it at home and it was really delicious. For me the secret is to look for the flavor which pleases your palate and try to imitate it when you create a dish. After all my risotto was better than the one in restaurant.


This recipe is for 4 persons and the time to prepare it is 1hour proximately. You will need:

  • 5 tbs butter
  • 1 medium size onion
  • 450 gr rice (special risotto rice or normal rice)
  • 150 gr chanterelle (fresh or from the can)
  • 300 gr shrimps 
  • 4 tbs tomato paste
  • 1lt chicken stock 
  • 1 cup of white wine
  • 1 pinch of saffron
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 3 tbs parsley
  • 60 gr parmesan cheese 
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper 


First grate the parmesan cheese with a grater or food processor and set aside.


Chop finely in cubes the onion and the parsley. Cut in slices the garlic cloves.




In the pan melt the 3 tbs of butter with a bit of olive oil and fry the onion until it becomes transparent. Add the rice and mix it and cook it until the rice is transparent.


Add gradually the chicken stock every time the rice liquid is absorbed, not letting it become a soup. Move it all the time. Add the cup of white wine and the tomato paste.


Around 10 minutes after you start to cook the rice, add the chanterelle, the shrimps, salt and pepper.


Around 5 minutes later add the 45 gr parmesan cheese and the 2 tbs parsley.


Taste the rice. It should be Al dente. At this time add the rest of butter and garlic. Cook it for 4 minutes more. Now the risotto should ready.

Serve it with parmesan cheese on top and garnish with parsley.
I like a lot this recipe. the shrimps with the chanterelle mach very well. If you like you can enjoy it with a white gewurztraminer wine.

I hope you enjoy it and see you in my next post. Thank you:)







No comments:

Post a Comment